Saturday 8 March 2014

Pair of Nuthatches

Nuthatch on feeder
The Nuthatch has to be one of my favourite birds! Full of character and with plenty of attitude, it will see off much larger birds and doesn't seem overly bothered by my presence.

It was on our feeder when I was out in the garden the other day and just looked at me as if to say 'I don't care about you, but thanks for the food'.
We have been getting a pair of Nuthatches for a while and it is always a pleasure to watch them. One will come into feed, closely followed by the other. They usually take as many sunflower hearts as they can and then fly off towards West Wood, Greenham - where we think they live. Hopefully we have helped them in the cold months of winter. A warm 15C here today, so Spring looks as if it has arrived early!

No comments:

Post a Comment